Candy sweetens the sour moments in life, and other true stories

CandySweetensSourMoments

We recently asked some professed candy lovers to describe how they felt about candy.

Here are two of our favorite quotes:

“Candy is like a light at the end of my stress.”

“Candy sweetens the sour moments in life.”

These folks believe that candy should be eaten in moderation and in their point of view,  the way  to do this is by consuming smaller portions, eating an overall balanced diet  and exercise.

We couldn’t have said it better. Here’s to everyone who believes in candy.

What’s your candy quote?

Comments

1. Susan W says:

Here’s mine (which I cannot claim to have penned myself, but which love as though I had):
    “If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?”
    - Marquise de Sévigné

It’s true. How could I ever manage without chocolate? I couldn’t. Plain and simple.

2. Allison says:

Mine is “Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.”

3. Nora O says:

Susan W, I’m with you! Candy really is one of life’s little pleasures!

What’s my favorite candy-centric quote? “Candy is nature’s way of making up for Mondays” (from anonymous). I truly believe there is no better way to cure a case of the Mondays than a delicious piece of dark chocolate.

4. Barbara says:

I had the pleasure of working on the Reagan Transition team and the early days of the administration so I would have to choose “You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans. ” ― Ronald Reagan

We were allowed only one type of candy on our desks-Jelly Belly jelly beans; The President loved them!

5. ZVK says:

One of my favorite candy-related quotes isn’t really about candy, but i think it’s still pretty great… “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump (quoting his mama).

6. Susan Smith says:

“Coraline opened the box of chocolates. The dog looked at them longingly.
    “Would you like one?” she asked the little dog.
    “Yes, please,” whispered the dog. “Only not toffee ones. They make me drool.”
    “I thought chocolates weren’t very good for dogs,” she said, remembering something Miss Forcible had once told her.
    “Maybe where you come from,” whispered the little dog. “Here, it’s all we eat.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline